Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dream of America the Beautiful-Apathy



Dream of America the Beautiful-Apathy
& The White Lab Coat Cult
Michelle Collier
September 20, 2006

I dreamed that I was standing on a street corner and I had a bullhorn to my mouth. I was singing America the Beautiful, a song I rarely if ever sing.

There were crowds of people walking past me as if they didn't even notice. I continued to sing.

A group of people dressed in white uniforms/labcoats that appeared to have an insignia or religious symbol on it walked past me emotionless as I continued singing.

I remember thinking, who are they? Are they some kind of religious group? End of dream.

Intuitively I sense that this dream reveals a prevailing overall feeling of apathy in America. In the midst of cries to unite a nation, the people walk mindlessly by. It could be that this overall lack of hope may be opening a door for a militant religious/government element to move in.

Update: 5/11/11

No comments:

Post a Comment